Day tripping and island tours
For those who want a change from their perpetually blissed-out state here at Coral Bay Resort, there’s plenty to see and do on Koh Samui.
There are temples and pagodas, the Big Buddha shrine, the amazing Hinta Hinyai phallic rocks, and the Hin Lad and Na Muang waterfalls. You can stop at Hua Thanon fishing market as well as Fisherman Village, and visit Nathon, the original main town of the island. Other attractions include various animal shows: the butterfly and insect gardens, a zoo and aquarium, a snake farm, crocodile farm, a monkey ‘theater’ as well as demonstrations with monkeys working in coconut plantations. There are also elephant shows and rides.
Exploring the interior of Samui can be fun – there are hiking trails to Samui Highland Park, Secret Buddha Garden and great viewpoints.
Our tour desk can arrange courses or a variety of local excursions and activities on Koh Samui as well as to surrounding islands.
– Fishing and snorkeling trips to Koh Matsum and Koh Taen
– Sea kayaking or snorkelling at the Angthong Marine Park
– Angthong Marine National Park tour
– Island tours of neighboring Koh Phangan, Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan
– Samui island tours including jungle safari, elephant trekking and more
– Guided hiking trips to the hills of Samui
– Diving in Koh Samui, Koh Tao, Koh Phangan and Angthong Marine National Park
– Windsurfing, para-sailing, and jet skis are available on Chaweng beach just around the corner from the resort
The shallow waters of the gulf of Thailand are a warm, safe and pleasant place to learn to dive. Generally diving is better near Koh Tao, but with speedboat access it’s easy to have a great day out while staying on Samui. Our tourdesk can recommend reputable PADI diving courses or day trips.